Friday, November 5, 2010

Lemony Onion Chicken

Earlier this week I returned from Atlanta, and am now back with my family here in Canada. Last night I decided to cook dinner, both because I enjoy it and also as a distraction from the adjustment from being away from Blake. I cooked for him every night and I'd like to continue cooking often while I'm here (especially since I have the opportunity to try recipes he won't yet try!)

I chose a recipe from Crepes Of Wrath, "
Chicken with Caramelized Onions in Butter, Lemon, and White Wine", since I love anything with caramelized onions. As per usual, I forgot to take a picture. I promise I will try and get better at this!

I used stir fry chicken, just because it was cheaper this week. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written.

I really really liked this dish! The smell of onions cooking in butter is heaven, and our family is big on garlic so that was great too. I've almost never cooked anything with lemon like that before, and I have to say it went quite well with everything else. The way everything combined, it made a whole new flavour rather than all the individual flavours - you could always taste everything.

It was quick, it was easy, it combined some of my favourite ingredients - all in all, I really recommend this!


No comments:

Post a Comment