Blake and I met online over a year ago, and began the whole long distance relationship thing - him in Atlanta, me in Ontario. Late this summer he proposed, and now we're working on wedding planning and immigration. The 'plan' (hah) is that we get married next september, and then I go back to Canada to do my last semester of school while applying for my CR1 and K3 visas. Then I'll be moving to Atlanta, finally.
As of right now, I have lots of wedding ideas and dreams but nothing concrete. I'm appealing the ontario disability support program so that I can receive disability for the next year (and thus save up the money we need for getting married/moving/life). Thank goodness immigration is not an issue yet. I'm taking school online continuously throughout this whole process. Plus, we'll be spending a lot of time apart.
All this is where cooking comes in. When I'm in Atlanta, I love to cook for Blake and I. Saturday is my favourite day of the week because the grocery flyer for the next week comes out and I get to plan our menu for the week and get ready for grocery shopping on sunday. When I'm in Canada, its a wonderful distraction and a way I can help out a bit at home. And no matter where I am, its relaxing and its fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment